Thursday, July 08, 2004

"You don't need make-up, Mommy."

That's what my firstborn son said to me this evening as I searched the house for my missing foundation bottle.

Scott and I were getting ready to go out to dinner when I realized I hadn't put on any make-up this morning. I left it out on the bathroom counter, and of course it was carried off by a wee boy sometime during the day.

"Do you know where my make-up went?" I asked them both. Green-Eyes looked at me seriously, and repeated, "You don't need make-up, Mommy. You're fine."

I found the make-up bottle under the coffee table. When I came out of the bathroom again, I asked him, "Well, what do you think? Do you like Mommy better with make-up or without make-up?"

"Without make-up."

Can you think of any better reason to have a son?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails