Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!!


The turkey's roasting, the dressing is ready to be put in, the table is set, the pies are tempting us...

I am SO grateful to be safe at home with my family today. With all the craziness happening in the world right now, I have never felt more blessed. BOTH of my sisters came home for Thanksgiving. Brook called on Tuesday to say she was going to have a ride home if we had room for another guest. Of course my mom said yes. The day is going too quickly, and I've been busy in the kitchen, but enjoying every minute.

I meant to post this sooner, but this recipe would be good for Christmas, too! This is our favorite stuffing recipe. I make a double batch of cornbread the day before Thanksgiving to eat with soup for an easy dinner.

Rosemary pecan cornbread stuffing

12 Tbs. butter (No, this isn't a lowfat recipe! LOL)
3 medium onions, finely chopped
Half bunch celery, finely chopped
1 Tbs. finely chopped fresh rosemary
salt and pepper
2 cups pecan halves, lightly toasted
6 cups crumbled cornbread
Half bunch parseley, trimmed and minced

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Add onions, and cook until soft, about 20 min. Add celery and rosemary, season generously with salt and pepper; cook for 5 minutes more. Transfer to large bowl. Add pecans, cornbread and parseley, and mix well. Transfer to buttered baking pan, and bake until top is golden, 30-45 minutes.

I hope your Thanksgiving is filled with blessings, joy and gratefulness!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you to Amanda!

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

Thanks Amanda for all your hard work and the way you so graciously prepared our Thanksgiving dinner.
I am truly blessed you have you as my daughter! Love you, Mom

Lynette said...

That stuffing recipe sounds great! I am glad that you had a good thanksgiving!

Butterfly Mama said...

mmmmm I'm bookmarking this recipe, thanks!

Heidi

Related Posts with Thumbnails