Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Why I’m starting this blog

1) Because I’m a writer with no regular outlet, and I can’t seem to commit to a paper journal (I have several which are always getting misplaced). Besides, I much prefer to write knowing that someone’s actually going to read it, and may even like to respond. Writing for the newspaper used to grant me that privilege, but that seems an eternity ago now.

2) Because I’ve spent too much time in the last several months reading and posting on parenting and unschooling lists to people I’ll never meet in real life (IRL), and too little time writing or calling my actual friends. Since so many of my dearest friends and family live quite far from me, I thought it might help us all keep in touch. Seasonal photo exchanges of our kids just are not enough to maintain close friendships! This way, if you’re thinking of me or Scott or the boys, but it’s not a good time to call, you can stop by the blog and see what we’ve been up to, what I’m thinking about, and post a quick note if you like. I’m hoping it will inspire more frequent contact.

3) Because if I’m going to continue to grow as a Christian, a mother, a wife or a person, I need a little accountability. Knowing I might have to ‘fess up to my friends and readers on this site could help. ;)

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails