Tuesday, June 21, 2005

A blessed life.

Thanks to everybody who took the theological profile quiz! It was fun to see where you each fit, and how similiar we are. Praise God that we can know Him, love Him and enjoy His salvation despite our lack of perfect knowledge!

I realized I haven't posted much about our new aquarium, and I have photos to share, so I'm going to do that next. Franklin asked for a fish tank for his birthday in April, so Scott hit his mom up for help accomplishing that. He's wanted to have a large saltwater aquarium for some time, so this was his chance. And besides, we have a responsibility as unschoolers to provide this type of learning opportunity, right? ;)

So, we now have a 60-gallon acrylic tank in the boys' bedroom. (And yes! They're actually sleeping there at night!) It's filled with live rock, a bunch of snails and hermit crabs, a few interesting plants, and five fish so far, including two clownfish, a colorful wrasse, and a bright purple something-or-other. Franklin's next door at my mom's or I'd ask him the exact name.

Other news around the homefront... the vegetable garden is growing like mad thanks to the continued efforts of Mark Harris. I haven't been much help except to make a few peanut butter-and-jelly sandwiches for the kids, and then enjoying the fruits of his labor. (I've even let my pansies die in the name of conserving water.) We've got cherry tomatoes, corn, green beans, summer squash and zucchini prolific right now, and melons of all kinds are on their way.

I'll post some photos now.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails