Friday, May 30, 2008

Can you smell the peach cobbler?


Mmmm. The peaches on my mom's tree are finally ripening. The boys went out this morning and picked two small baskets worth so I could make cobbler for our friends tonight. It's in the oven now, and I'm just waiting for that delicious smell to fill my house.

I love spending the afternoon baking while someone else is making dinner! Plus, in between peeling the peaches and assembling the topping, I had my first sewing lesson! My mom had some quilting pieces left for me to practice on, so I got to put together a doll-sized flannel quilt while learning to use the machine. I'm not sure why it took me so long to do this, but I'm so excited about it.

My mother made that wedding dress, by the way. I guess I'm going to have to share the story of my wedding soon! But it's not going to happen tonight or tomorrow. I've already missed a couple days in my 30-day blogging spree, and I'm afraid I'm to miss some more. This weekend is already booked. UberDad will be gone again in the morning, and then I'm leaving the boys with my mom and heading to Fresno for my friend Michelle's ordination to the deaconate in the Anglican church.

I'll be gone about six hours, the longest my baby has ever been without me. But I think he'll do fine. Naptime might be a little rough, but he adores my mom, so they'll figure it out. I can't believe he'll be 2 in less than two weeks. More to write about later...

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails