Monday, January 16, 2006

Hobbies are a good thing.

I finally finished my mom's scarf! Yay! Now I have a birthday gift to finish, and a hat for a friend's preemie. Then it's time to start on my diaper bag, longies for Baby Boy #3 (gotta come up with a pseudonym) and a gift for my friend's first baby boy who's due in March.

I've been reading the giant scrapbooking book I got for Christmas, uploading and ordering photos and planning out albums this week in preparation for another scrapbooking date with my friend Emily. I'm determined to scrap once a week, 'cause I don't see how else I'll ever catch up.

I've been eating better, finally, and avoiding grouchiness as a result. I tried two new recipes from my neighbor's copy of Rachael Ray's 364: No Repeats. The Lime-and-Honey Glazed Salmon with Warm Black Bean and Corn Salad was a hit with UberDad, as was Three Beans and Some Chicken. I've decided to trade off making kid-friendly and grown-up friendly dinners. Otherwise I get bored and the boys never get to try new things. Or else they eat nothing but cereal and ice cream.

We got cable tv and internet this week! It's SO much better than the SBC DSL. Also got a better program to block pop-ups and spyware. We got to watch HGTV, Cartoon Network and Animal Planet without going to my parents' house. They were out of town this weekend anyhow. I'm hoping it'll keep Puffer at home during Grouper's nap, so we can visit more while he's having afternoon downtime and I'm scrapping or knitting or folding laundry.

Now I just have to squeeze yoga in somewhere. My muscles have completely turned to mush.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails