Monday, October 26, 2009

Fall farm fun!

Our local family-friendly farm has gone all out this year with their "Octoberfest" activities. The whole farm has become a playground!

We started with the hayride out to the pumpkin patch, visited the petting zoo, found our way through the spider maze, raced around the ant hill, rode the wooden ponies, got put in the stocks under the Boo Berry tent, and watched the pig races.

We missed the asparagus maze because we were hot and starving by that time and ready to head to the shade of the picnic area for lunch!

Some of us wanted to stay forever! ;)

7 comments:

Daisy said...

It's a small world after all. It's a small world after all...

LOL. Too funny. We are probably neighbors. ;-)

I'm wishing I HAD gone with a homeschool group because paying full price this past weekend didn't make me happy and it was TOTALLY crowded.

Oh & you garden? and you buy local? What are you, my long lost twin or something?

Anonymous said...

we had so much fun!! could you email me the pics with my kiddos in them?? The group shot around the scarecrow is great!! thanks for a great day :)

One More Makes Four said...

It looks like you all had a wonderful day!

Lisa said...

RAcing pigs? That's funny! love the kiddos with the pumpkins and scarecrow!

lisa

Ali said...

Awww how fun! I would love to have a place like that, I always loved the hayride to the pumpkin patch and cider afterwards....ahh memories!

Mandy said...

pig races! h would LOVE that!!

Melissa said...

What fun! I keep forgetting you are in a much warmer climate than us Clevelanders. Hot in October sounds funny to us.

Related Posts with Thumbnails