Saturday, January 10, 2009

Exposaroonie: Favorite of '08

Exposaroonie - Expose Yourself

I submitted my first photo to Exposaroonie! It's one I took last February of my middle son on the trampoline. Go vote for your favorite!

I love taking pictures, but I realized I only had a couple that I thought might be worth submitting. I took plenty of "stills" for my blog this year, but it's the subject matter that's interesting (to me, at least), not the shot.

Now that I have my D40, maybe I'll actually learn to use it properly! I signed up for a photography class at the local camera shop with a new friend of mine, and it starts Tuesday, so we'll see what fun that brings!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best place I've found for learning photog is Meetup.com. We have a local photo group here in Vegas that is so wonderful. Everyone there is passionate and helpful. I've learned so much and had so much fun!

PS Couldn't figure out how to vote...or even find what to vote on!

Amanda said...

Sorry about that! I thought the photos would be posted by now! Here's the link to watch, and I'll change it above, too..

http://challenge.exposaroonie.com/

mandi said...

oh good- i was a little confused too.
a photography class- how exciting!

RavenM said...

I had fun with my photography class in October. The most useful part for me was learning some things about my camera, like why so many of my pics come out blurry, etc...

Hope you have lots of fun:)

Anonymous said...

I could not find how to vote and I won't vote, I might get in trouble. click on expose yourself and it takes you to the photo page.

~Iris
P.S. love the photo is it taken by F?

Amanda said...

Just scroll down until you see my name on the sidebar next to the thumbnail photo, and click on "vote." I'm the 23rd down -- there were a lot of submissions!

dawn klinge said...

I just went and voted for your photo...I love action shots like that. I have so much to learn about my camera and photography still. Enjoy your new class!

Amanda said...

Thank you, Dawn! There were a lot of great shots to choose from!

Related Posts with Thumbnails