Monday, June 05, 2006

No, this is not the post you've been waiting for...

Yes, we're at 41 weeks and STILL counting. But I'm cool with it. Really I am.

My sister arrived from Tuscon on Thursday, and heads back home tomorrow evening. She's a Shiatsu practitioner, so she's worked on me a few times using acupressure to see if we can get labor going. When she first came, she felt some resistance. Though I thought I was ready -- have all the stuff, housework's caught up -- I still felt nervous about having enough privacy at home, considering the open door/yard policy that's usually in effect around here, and I wasn't sure what to do about it. Why it seemed so hard to explain to our friends and neighbors that I needed some alone time, I don't know.

So, Saturday I posted this note on the front door:

"Please forgive us for not answering the door today! We're taking a Pre-Labor Family Holiday. Feel free to leave us love messages on our voice mail or via e-mail. We'll be in touch again after the baby arrives. Thank you! And have a great day!"

I spent most of the day doing laundry, piddling, and napping. UberDad took the boys to run a couple errands, and then to the water toys at the park around the block. I got the house to myself for awhile, and managed to relax a lot more. After dinner, my sisters came over to do some more acupressure, but we didn't get very far before Grouper needed Mommy back.

On Sunday UberDad decided to go shooting, since he'd stayed home the previous weekend and nothing happened. The boys and I hung out with my parents and sister, and then we all went out to lunch when UberDad got home. Grouper and I took a really long nap in the afternoon. It was a restful, peaceful day. But I was still getting nothing that qualified as labor contractions.

So, today UberDad went to work. He has a job interview this afternoon which we're hoping will bring good news about next fall. He's ready to be back in the classroom full time. While he's enjoyed serving homeschooling families at the charter school, it's been mostly paperwork. So, there's another prayer request. New job, new baby. SOME kind of news would be great.


Emily said...

Even though it wasn't baby fish news, I loved it anyway. I'm sooooo glad you were able to enforce some quiet time for your family. :-)

John said...

Yeah, I thought this was "that post"! Thanks for the new update. We are just excited to meet the new baby fish.

J & K & j.

Tammy said...

Glad you are doing okay. I'll keep you guys in my prayers!

Dapoppins said...

you are much nicer than me.

Pregnant me growly voice "If you come into my terriory univited I will hurt you..."

This voice appeared when i started labor, at about 34 weeks, and lasted until the baby came at week 42. I am not kidding. I didn't leave the house, people did not come over, and I didn't answer the phone. I made phone calls, ocassionaly, but only to people who I knew would not say "So! Do you feel like you are going to pop yet, or what?"

Relax, rest, and wait. You know the drill. We are here biting our fingernails off waiting for the big day.

Sarah said...

I'll miss you for this smidge of time.
Last night Puffer was cute. He told me that I should have a baby!
I'm curious about Uber news.
No one will make you take a stress test and induce labor in a few days.
If your sister wants a client here ever, I'm curious about shiatsu.

Amber said...

Hi! Just stumbled across your blog while looking for Christian Moms. First of all, your template looks awesome!! You are very creative! I am glad to hear that you are getting in some rest while waiting patiently (hee hee, is that possible at this point??!) for your baby to arrive. Hang in there! My daughter was 8 days felt like forever! All the best with the birth! Hope you don't mind me coming around from now on ;) God Bless!

Related Posts with Thumbnails