Sunday, August 24, 2008

S'more camping, please?


We had a quick, but lovely, visit to the coast this weekend. Arrived in the dark Friday night, set up the tent and beds, and climbed in. We were too tired even to wait for a fire and marshmallow roasting. We did plenty of that Saturday night instead.

Saturday morning we hung out around camp, drinking coffee and relaxing. Scott and my dad took the boys for a walk, and I snapped some pictures. Then we packed up some lunch to take to Montana de Oro beach. But first we stopped at the state park museum for a Junior Ranger workshop. We went on a nature scavenger hunt, made plaster animal paw prints, and the boys earned badges, which they were very excited about.

Down on the beach, I took more photos of the boys, and then lay on the blanket playing in the rocky sand with them. We were amazed by how many different colors and patterns we could find in the teeny tiny rocks.


Back at camp, we warmed up by the fire, and I read to the boys. Scott threw his back out the night before while unloading the car, so he wasn't feeling too well. (He went to the chiropracter today, and found out he tore a ligament. OUCH.)

For dinner we feasted on my dad's barbecued tri-tip and the leftover ratatouille I'd brought. And then ate WAY TOO MANY s'mores!

Sunday was more yummy food, relaxing by the fire, another Junior Ranger workshop in our campground -- and a few more S'mores after lunch. :) Then it was time to head home already.

It's still 100 degrees around here. I'm ready for fall! Scott's just ready for his back to stop hurting. Tomorrow's his birthday. He took the morning off work -- mostly so he could go to the doctor. I'll be taking the boys to the dentist while he tries to find a comfortable position on the couch.

Please pray for him!

7 comments:

Heather said...

That first photo is stunning! Sounds like you had so much fun. :) Praying for his back to get better soon.

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

LOVE these pictures!!

Lift Up Your Hearts said...

Gosh, loving your trip except for Scott's back. Poor guy. :-( I will indeed be praying for him. What did the chiro say about its healing?

Lynette said...

Sounds like you had a good time. Sorry about Scotts back. I hope it heals quickly!

Anonymous said...

Wow... lovely! Is it ok to be jealous? :)

I am ready for fall too. Bring on the yummy carmel apples.

bob said...

A ligament!!!! oh my gosh that sounds PAIN-FULL! All the activities sound like so much fun! No wonder you're unhappy at home after having such lovely outdoor activities...love the foot pic by the way ;)

Rev. Peter Doodes said...

I had no idea that camping was so dangerous! I hope your next expedition is less fraught...

Blessings,

Related Posts with Thumbnails