Thursday, July 30, 2009

SF souvenirs: The good, the bad, and the ugly zombies

Even the most frugal and green travellers come home with a souvenir or two. We left San Francisco with lots of great memories, and a few atypical souvenirs.

First, the boys discovered a new love for my sister's favorite video game. In between exploring the city and swinging from the ceiling, they spent a fair amount of time on the computers in her office/loft playing Plants vs. Zombies.


It's the kind of ridiculously silly strategy and puzzle game that even a mom might enjoy -- a mom who likes to garden and imagines that her children are studying Herbology and Defense Against the Dark Arts while they're playing.

Second... when we stopped by our car on Sunday morning, I found two paperback books on the windshield. Someone had read my "Mama's milk: The best things in life are free" and "Peace on Earth begins with birth" bumper stickers, and decided to donate a couple breastfeeding and parenting books to the cause!

Since I'm no longer teaching childbirth and breastfeeding classes, I will have to find the right person to pass along the books. I could give them to our local La Leche League, but I may just have a little giveaway next week in honor of World Breastfeeding Week... stay tuned!

Then, as we were leaving that night, we noticed something else on our car. Something not quite as friendly. Perhaps from someone who's not so fond of homebirthing, breastfeeding, homeschoolers? Someone who hates children? I have no idea.

In any case, our final souvenir was a dent the size of a large shoe in the driver's side door.

Must have been made by a zombie. Next time I'll have my triple-pea shooter handy.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails