Tuesday, March 13, 2012

What I've been up to.

Sheesh, a month without blogging? Can I say it was somewhat intentional even though I didn't tell anybody? Can I say I gave up blogging for (part of) Lent?

Well, bloggy friends, I miss you. Life has been crazy, but I want to try to come back here. This blog needs some serious updating, but that will come eventually.  For now, I'll just update you a bit on what I've been doing.

1) Growing a baby. (I could stop right there, couldn't I? Isn't that enough?) And eating a lot more than when I was nauseated all the time!



2) Knitting for the baby -- especially now that we know which variety we're having! :)  And yes, I will share those projects (and other details) eventually!

2) Finishing the kitchen. (One coat of a paint at a time. Don't worry, it's low-VOC and I wear a mask.)


3) Attempting to make sure my children are learning something.  Littlest has miraculously managed to teach himself to read fluently in the last few months. And his math skills are ahead of schedule. So, while I have much guilt over various other unmet needs during this remodel project, at least that's done.

4) Moderating two different homeschooling groups -- one a discussion/info group on Facebook, the other a social/activity group that I've belonged to since my older boys were babies, and was asked to take over in October.

5) Organizing and hosting a six-week lecture series on homeschooling for our public library. Totally worth it, and I was sort of sad to see it end, but it did take a bit of time and energy.

6) Organizing and decluttering. Slowly. Very slowly.


7) Pinning ideas for these topics to keep myself motivated. You can find me on Pinterest here:  http://pinterest.com/crunchyxianmom/

I wish I were better at blogging about these things as I do them, but, well, I'm just not. Better late than never, right?

What have you been up to lately?

1 comment:

mandi said...

Ok- I was just getting on to email you and make sure that you are alive and well. Phew!!! Can't wait to see what you've been knitting and what you are having! Very exciting! And, I'm so impressed with all that you've been up to. That's awesome that you gave that class at the library! Such a good way to give to the community.

Related Posts with Thumbnails