Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Birthday snapshots


My first baby turned 10 years old on Saturday. TEN.

I felt like I should have been marking that milestone in some big, important way, but Eldest was content with our usual birthday traditions -- presents from his family over breakfast, a party with friends at the park, dinner at home afterwards.

Since it fell the day before Easter, that was about all I could manage anyway. I do plan to make him a scrapbook of his first decade when the Mac harddrive gets back from the shop.


 My darling boy, we are so very proud of you. Your enthusiasm for life, your compassion for all living creatures, your enormous laugh and broad smile, your sensitive spirit, your never-ending curiosity about the world around you -- you inspire us to care about "the least of these," to listen better, to keep learning, to love more deeply.

1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! What a great idea about the first decade photo book. I think that just relieved my lack of scrapbooking stress several notches. I now officially have over a year to wait to even have to do that. LOL. See I am not behind after all!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails