Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Chilly, lovely, Christmas-y days


Oh, it is FEELING like Christmastime today! The weather forecasters have been teasing us with the possibility of snow all week, but so far we've had to be content with the cold rain. This morning the boys slept in later than usual, and I turned on just the tree lights and enjoyed the sound of the rain.

This afternoon they decided they wanted to play outside even if they'd get wet. They stayed out until the sky was dark and their hands and faces were bright red from the cold. The bath was filled and waiting when they came in.


We've been baking and making like crazy the last few days. This is the spot I kept coming back to at my mom's house last weekend:


Here's a peek at the goodies...shh! Don't tell!


Today I finally mailed packages and the last few Christmas cards. I get a little frantic when it's time to gather all the piles and ship out. I want things to arrive before Christmas, and earlier for friends who won't be home next week. I have to set my deadline early, or else I'll never finish. Last year I think I only mailed cards out through letter P in my address book!


It feels good to have it done, and know everything should arrive on time. I don't want to have to think about anything but enjoying the week with my family after Scott's vacation starts.

The boys have their Christmas pageant this weekend, and then my sisters arrive on Tuesday. I've done all my shopping -- presents and groceries both. I planned gluten-free, dairy-free meals (for my sister Brook) for the week so we can eat together at my mom's house.

Now I just have to finish baking, wrap family gifts, and maybe squeeze a few more knitted things for the boys out of the week. Tomorrow we go make graham cracker "gingerbread" houses at our homeschooling group's Christmas party -- fun!

10 comments:

Kathy's Red Door Welcome said...

Look at you, all organized and ready for Santa! I love the pictures and I promise I can keep a secret. Mom

Tammy said...

That first picture is really beautiful!! Are you still in BHL, or a different group? Have fun!!

Anonymous said...

no you sent a christmas card to us last year

Penny said...

A hot bath on a cold day is perfect!! I bet they were looking forward to it. I always make hot tea or hot chocolate when mine go out in the cold. My youngest said to me last year, "Mom, you don't love snow...you love making hot chocolate." He's got that right!

Amanda said...

That's 'cause you guys are special, Iris. ;)

Amanda said...

Tammy, I'm still technically in BHL, but this is a different group. They meet in the morning instead of afternoon.

mandi said...

oh those snowmen- i love them!

RavenM said...

Those snowmen are so cute :)

Marlene said...

Where did you get the pattern for those snowmen, they are adorable!

Amanda said...

Thanks! The knitted snowman pattern is in the Winter '09 issue of "Living Crafts." I LOVE that magazine!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails